2010년 12월 28일 화요일

The Manifold Clock

The Manifold Clock: "

별거아닌데 하나 비뜰었을뿐인데 난 왜 이런생각을 못했을까 하는 ...
시계이면서 키네틱아트처럼 보여지네요
Groovy Fan Clock


I will be the first to say it, I’m not a big clock person. I don’t wear a watch, loathe it really. And you’d better be prepared to go on a miniature scavenger hunt to find out what time it is in my home. I know where the clocks are. I do have to have some inkling of time. They just have to be hidden from my line of view. I don’t like clocks staring me down, reminding me, with every tic toc, that one more minute of my life is gone. I like my time in increments; work time, dinner time, craft time, bed time-you get the picture. ”What about when you’re not at home?”, you may ask. Well, clever me has literally made an artform out of finding a clock in almost every nook and cranny of NYC… and even in some European cities. I prefer it this way. It makes finding out the time more like an adventure than a necessity. However…there are exceptions to the rule. If the clock is so truly unusual that I can’t really decipher the time without a lot of effort and is not only visually appealing but also interesting in some way, then it earns a free pass into my home. I found such a clock on Core 77 today. Designers Shay Carmon and Ben Klinger of Studio Ve have created a delightful little timekeeper called the Manifold Clock and it is truly one of the grooviest clocks I have encountered in a long time.The Manifold Clock consist of a piece of Tyvek that twirls around the manifold, creating a unique visual “time dance”. Some on Core 77′s post have questioned whether or not the clock actually works. I say, who cares? If you want a clock that tells accurate time buy a Swiss watch! :-P


You really have to check out the video below to to experience it yourself.




Manifold Clock from Studio Ve on Vimeo.




Tweet



Share







"

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기